Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I Hate Love Stories

Oh yes..This is the name of a movie that is going to be released very soon.But that is not what I'm going to talk about.This is very serious!!!I'm trying to make out why people write love stories.Not just this but also the different ways in which people write it.You got it right!.I'm throwing some light on the Novels written in this regard.Here is my story(Not a love story!!)

I read "PRIDE & PREJUDICE" when I was in grade 8.It was typically full of romance & drama and yet I liked it.Then plenty of books & stories came my way but I didn't lap them up with the same interest.Jeffrey Archer writes some the best stories which are pretty much okay.But when I read "TWILIGHT" I don't know why but I was frustrated with the author & started hating love stories!!(Justification of my title).It's true that I haven't read many & also that its not good I comment on these because I know few people who are crazy about these.But I can't help it.It gets on my nerves.There are mostly a few repetitive lines of "I miss You","I love you","I promise.." with loads of shedding tears of unhappiness,fidelity & something beyond.



But not all love stories are bad to read.A short story called "OLD LOVE" by Jeffrey Archer is sort of the best one I think I have ever read.Even Jane Austen wrote well and spared mushy stuff(only sometimes though!).Maybe there are a few good ones out there but my patience has worn out thin.I swear I will never read mushy love stories.How about you??..Do you "love" love stories or "hate" love stories???

5 comments:

  1. i personally love love stories!:D
    and even with something like twilight ..which by the looks of it has knocked the hell outta raksha..i didnt have much prob..
    agreed..it does get gloomy and 2 luvvy duvvy sometimes..but i certainly dont hate it..
    but IM NOT CRAZY ABT IT 2!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, there is nothing to love or hate about love stories. I mean..they are just like any other stories, aren't they? It depends on the author and how he presents it. If presented nicely, even I dont mind reading "mushy" stuff. Take Harry potter for example.Ask yourself...do you like reading fantasy novels? We can't generalise is what I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got to read those with an open mind first. If you start reading a love story saying that you hate love stories, you'd miss some good piece of literature! Nothing personal...I just told a general statement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yea Anisha!I went crazy reading it!See what it has done to me.I should have never borrowed that damned book from you in the first place!!
    Yes Suraj..I agree with you.But its something like shall I say an aversion that happened due to a single book (Blame Twilight for that!)& I think I'm prejudiced as of now.I haven't read loads of them but from what I have seen mushy stuff is not presented well.If some good ones come my way & if I have made up my mind by then..I hope I'm ready to lap them up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to write the exact same thing :D
    I don't have to, now :)
    Seriously, bad movies and books!
    Facebook fanpages have better one-liners !!

    ReplyDelete